The 2020 Grassroots Referee Recertification Course includes the following:
• Grassroots Online Course - complete all online modules
• Grassroots Quiz
• Safe and Healthy Playing Environment
Also, If you are 18 years or older, you must complete:
• US Soccer NCSI Background Check ($30) – valid for two years
• SafeSport Training (Free) – Required by federal law
*** Badges for recertifying referees will be mailed out in early December. ***
The 2020 Grassroots Referee Recertification course is an online course (this year only). Complete all assignments on the Assignment tab of the course.
Step 1: Create a Profile at US Soccer Referee Learning Center
• Sign up as a “new user” and your registration history will be imported from US Soccer automatically. Information MUST be EXACTLY as in your njsrc.gameofficials.net account (name, address, email...). You can update your contact information after you connect your account.
• Email must be unique to each user.
Step 2: Complete the US Soccer NCSI Background Check (if 18 or older) ($30)
• Valid for two years.
• Takes 7-10 days to clear. Your background check must be cleared before you can sign up for ANY class.
• We do not accept any other background checks.
• 45 days before you turn 18, US Soccer will send you an email to complete your Background Check and Safe Sport Training.
Step 3: Register for 2020 Grassroots Recertification ($60)
• Choose Courses (at the top)
• Choose Recertification (on the left, under License Pathway)
• Click on Course Details to register and pay
Step 4: Complete all 4 Assignments posted in your Assignments Tab
I. Grass Roots Online Training - Estimated time to complete is 4.5-6 hours.
II. Grass Roots Quiz
III. Introduction to Safe and Healthy Playing Environments
IV. Safe Sport Certification (if 18 or older) (Free)
• Access Code: Available in your learning.ussoccer.com account Course Details.
• When asked, select U.S. Soccer as the Member Organization on the drop down menu.
• If you have already completed Safe Sport training, log in to your account, click on the Menu in the top left corner, Update Account, change tab to Profile, scroll down and ensure US Soccer is listed under Memberships. If not, just add it.
• Estimated time to complete is 2-2.5 hours.
Step 5: Download the IFAB Laws of the Game (LOTG)
• The LOTG are also available as an app on both Android and iOS.
• It is not required to print the LOTG document.
• If you would like to listen to a recording of one of the NJSRC presented 2019-2020 changes in the Laws webinars it may be viewed at https://fccdl.in/3Szi7pcfP0