Welcome to the first step in becoming a soccer referee!
Effective July 1, 2019, US Soccer has introduced the name Grassroots Referee to replace the former "grades" of 7, 8, and 9. The US Soccer Digital Learning Center has also became the hub for all registration activities.
You must be 13 or older to set up an account in the Learning Center.
· 100% of the Grassroots Online Course must be completed before attending the In-Person Course. Estimated time to complete is 4.5-6 hours.
· In order to participate in the In-Person Course (field session) you must have completed your online training by 8 pm the evening prior to the field session. If you do not, you will not be permitted to attend and full refunds will not be given. We strongly suggest that you bring a copy of your online training Certification of Completion to the field session.
· The field session will be held rain or shine. Registration will begin 30 minutes prior to the start of your session. You must be checked in at registration before the scheduled start of your session. Late arrivals will not be permitted to participate but must reschedule.
· Class should run for about 2 hours.
· This is an active session; please dress appropriately. Sandals are not permitted; sneakers or turf shoes are recommended. Please bring water as none will be provided. We will be providing you with your first referee whistle and a set of yellow/red cards, which you will use at the field session.
· Registration for a field clinic includes US Soccer licensing and liability insurance. This fee also includes a US Soccer Referee uniform and Starter Kit from Official Sports. Information on ordering will be e-mailed to you after you attend your field clinic.
· Access Code: (available in the Learning Center, in the description of the In-Person Course)
· When asked, select U.S. Soccer as the Member Organization on the drop down menu.
· If you have already completed Safe Sport training, log in to your account, click on the Menu in the top left corner, Update Account, change tab to Profile, scroll down and ensure US Soccer is listed under Memberships. If not, just add it.
· Safe Sport Certification should be completed before attending the In-Person course. Your registration will not be processed until completion is confirmed.
· Estimated time to complete is 2-2.5 hours.
· Valid for two years.
· Will be available in the Learning Center shortly.
· The LOTG are also available as an app on both Android and iOS.
· It is not required to print the LOTG document.
Below is our list of Field Sessions
Sunday 8/11/19 #1 Toms River NJ Registration 930-959am. Class begins at 10am
Sunday 8/18/19 #1 Montvale NJ Registration 8-829am. Class begins at 830am.
Sunday 8/18/19 #2 Montvale NJ Registration 10-1029am. Class begins at 1030am.
Saturday 8/24/19 #1 Hammonton NJ Registration 8-829am. Class begins at 830am.
Sunday 8/25/19 #1 Rumson NJ Registration 9-929am. Class begins at 930am
Saturday 9/7/19 #1 Scotch Plains NJ Registratration 9-929. Class begins at 930am